Wednesday, January 10, 2007

From the makers of "Bait Car"...

comes the ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) system. They're using this system in British Columbia, so I guess it's just a matter of time before it makes its way to the U.S. Check out the video. I can only imagine how many Canadian taxpayer dollars are spent on one of these units. I bet they cost a lot of "loonies"!
Seems like all this new technology (baitcars, cameras at intersections, etc) either means cops are getting smarter or they're getting lazier. I haven't figured out which.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt McMinn said...

"...59 percent of hits were associated with an unlicensed driver."

So - I lose my license, the wife is driving me home in my car, and I get pulled over because my car is associated with an unlicensed driver. That sounds like an awesome idea. Heck, both our cars are in my name, so if I lose my license, both of our cars are associated with an unlicensed driver, so no one can drive them without getting pulled over. Thank you nanny state.

10/1/07 15:16  
Blogger Garble said...

You should read about what they're doing with this stuff in england. It's really a load of crap. It's only a matter of time here in the US. They're much more interested in make money than anything else. How much do you want to bet that when it starts in the US it starts in a school zone 'for the children'?

11/1/07 03:26  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

Haha good call on that one. If it's "for the children" then you know it's the perfect camouflage for something else.

11/1/07 05:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home