Thursday, January 04, 2007

Another way to know she's mine

My wife took the Kid to Target yesterday. The Kid sat in the cart with all the stuff and (I’m told) was mostly happy during the shopping trip. My wife had her back turned to the cart when a woman came up and said “excuse me but your daughter is eating butter.” Apparently she’s now able to open the box, pull out a stick of butter, peel back the wrapper and eat butter like a banana. I’m so proud.


Update: I changed the post title (with pride) after reading cohort's comment.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

Lol eating sticks of butter. I wonder which parent she got that from. Just kidding, don't get mad.

4/1/07 12:29  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

"The Kid" Real nice Garble, real nice....

Eating butter eh? Are you sure you didn't mix her up at the hospital with McMinns?

4/1/07 12:32  
Blogger Garble said...

Why would I get mad? There can be no doubt. My wife is small and slender thing. I'm a huge ravenous oaf. My siblings cook with bacon grease and have chosen nick names like Uncle Cookie.

The kids a Garble. (She already types better than I.)

4/1/07 12:33  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

Haha a huge ravenous oaf. You hit the nail on the head that time. So do you ever call your daughter by her name, or will she be forever known as "the kid"?

4/1/07 12:35  
Blogger Garble said...

Simon, i don't have a good psudonym for the child yet. Number 2 is now refered to as baby 1.6. But that changes as she moves towards being baby 2.0

Besids, if you ever got a chance to listen to her talk you'd know she could only be mine.

4/1/07 12:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home