Thursday, February 02, 2006

I know it's in the last place I looked, I don't need your useless input.

I hate the saying, "it's always in the last place you look." Everytime I hear that I want to punch kittens. Really? Are you sure it will be in the last place I look? Thanks for the insight Einstein, my search will now prove fruitful because of the sage-like wisdom you have bestowed upon me. I don't want to be lied to, so just to be on the safe side, I'm going to keep looking for whatever I find, just to make sure it was in fact in the last place I looked. I hate useless sayings like that, sayings that are telling you more than the obvious. I also hate, "a penny saved is a penny earned." No it's not assholes. You didn't work to save that penny, therefore you didn't earn it. The next time someone says one of these sayings, they're getting kicked in the jugular.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

Yeah, I figured someone would say that sooner or later. The problem with Maddox is that he's so big, and so popular, and everyone knows who he is, that even if you do have your own style, and you've been writing like that forever, it's still always coined as a "Maddox saying."

2/2/06 08:37  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

Wow Cohort, you're starting to sound ALOT like Maddox.

2/2/06 08:39  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

No, I mean I've read that exact article on his sight. You ripped it off, you ripper!

2/2/06 08:54  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

And I know I spelled sight wrong. Damn it.

2/2/06 08:55  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

What are you talking about? I've never seen anything like that on his site.

2/2/06 09:05  
Blogger Garble said...

Jack, can you post the link to the maddox article you mentioned? I've never seen it either.

It should be "A penny saved is .97 pennies after one year’s inflation. Next time put it in a CD or money market account before you go broke you fool."

2/2/06 12:52  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

I've been scowering his site and can't find it. But I KNOW I've read that before. Either that or I'm seeing the future again.

2/2/06 13:45  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

I think all that booze is clouding your judgment. http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=boiling_blood This is the closest thing I can find, but my article isn't anywhere mentioned on this page. And this article that Maddox did was based off a George Carlin routine.

3/2/06 05:11  
Blogger Garble said...

Given the fierce attacks elicited by spelling, grammar and typographical errors. What’s the penalty for baseless accusations of plagiarism?

3/2/06 06:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home