Friday, January 27, 2006

Lose that weight, fatty.

I was thumbing through and old issue of Sport Compact Car last night in my Workplace Communication class, because learning about cars seemed like a more intelligent way to spend the evening, rather than listen to the teacher ramble on about Mario's two-dimensional romp through the Mushroom Kingdom. I don't think talking about Mario will help me at work, actually, I'd probably get fired. So this article I found in the magazine was titled "The truth about car guys." The author compiled a list of twelve things hardcore car guys do. I liked number two the best because I can instantly relate to it. Here's the excerpt, "Obsessed over weight. Don't deny it. You know you've drilled unneeded holes, removed interiors and had other forms of unhealthy neurosis over the extra few pounds that didn't matter much in the grand scheme of driving your car. But you did it anyway. Does weight matter? Sure. Does it matter enough to drive around without carpet? I don't think so." Ahh, that brings back fond memories of my Eclipse. I love being a hardcore car guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Garble said...

Well, i guess it depends on what you value. Personally, I like carpet in my car. The 5 lbs it adds to the weight isn't really all that important.

27/1/06 11:08  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

I know, but it's the idea of it all. Some of us will go a little too far. But it's all in the name of fun.

27/1/06 11:19  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

You gotta do what you gotta do.

27/1/06 11:24  
Blogger Garble said...

Did you have a Eclipse convertible?

31/1/06 02:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home