Thursday, January 26, 2006

Free Stuff for Homeless Drunken Criminals

This is silly. On the one hand why would you spend valuable taxpayer dollars providing free housing, food and healthcare to homeless alcoholics? On the other hand the city feels that this will be less expensive than the existing policy. Or at least that’s the impression they're trying to give. I think this is more a pie in the sky social program than it is an innovative way to cut costs. The biggest problem I see is that this will encourage the other homeless drunken criminals to behave badly so that the city will give them a free apartment to get drunk in, and provide nurses who keep them from choking on their own vomit. I wonder how long it will take for the family of someone that dies while living there to sue the city for failing to provide adequate care? To make matters even worse it’s really hit the property values of the new building's neighbors. I know some of you don’t really like the idea that people are trying to make money. But real estate is a huge logn term investment and I’m sympathetic to the nearby businesses. All in all this seems like a bad idea to me. Glad I don't live there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

I have no problems with making money. But if you want to do it at the expense of other peoples lives, that's your thing I guess.

26/1/06 05:31  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

Haha they will sign "pledges of appropriate behavior and the management." Like you're going to get a full blown, drunken alcoholic to conform to the rules listed on a sheet of paper. Everyone is bitching about them dying in the streets. Who cares!? I say good riddance. They just claimed that "This is a group of people that, for the most part, are never going to get sober." Then why bother helping them? Let them die in the gutter so nobody has to worry about it. All they're doing is leaching off society's cornhole.

26/1/06 05:51  
Blogger Garble said...

I really agree with what Cohort said about the pledges. They're not going to work. If jail and the Courts don't work why would 'pledges'. My guess is that this will fail and keep going anyway. Government rarely stop doing things just because they don't work. It's failing common in large organizations.

26/1/06 06:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home