Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I choose you, Pikachu!

As if my life wasn't already nerdy enough with bedroom wi-fi and pants peeing, I decided to go against the rules of adulthood masculinity and buy the newest version of Pokemon for Nintendo DS. If you put aside the cute visage of fuzzy monsters and the average diaper-wearing demographic of Pokemon players, you'll find a surprisingly deep and entertaining title. At nearly 500 different monsters to catch, hundreds of moves/techniques, and many different towns to visit it makes for a deeply satisfying RPG. I bought the game two days ago and I've already logged almost 10 hours game time. I found out today that the older GameBoy Advance titles are backwards compatible for Pokemon trading purposes, so naturally I had to call around the local used dork venues (Game Stop) to snag a copy. When I called there this afternoon a hot sounding (fatass in real life) chick answered the phone. After asking about carrying older gaymes in stock, I asked her if they ever hold Pokemon tournaments. She laughed. I called a Game Crazy and asked the same thing. He hung up. A gaymer such as myself can't even get respect from a game store. For as hugely popular the game is, selling a million copies in two days, you'd think people would be up for the prospect of a Pokemon tournament. If I only had a real life Pikachu I'd blast the hell out of those cocks with my Thundershock attack. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stay home and battle wirelessly with my DS and a fresh batch of pizza rolls.




2 Comments:

Blogger Matt McMinn said...

It gets even worse when you look at pokemon for the wii: it's the first online game for the wii, and you can use a DS as the controller to show all the poke-crap on it. It really makes me want to get in to it, but on the other hand, I'm not gay.

25/7/07 12:54  
Blogger Jim Brannick said...

I can just hear Cohort yelling from his room-
"MOM, the meatloaf. NOW!!!"

26/7/07 05:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home