Thursday, July 19, 2007

I just had a two hour erection

And I named it "Transformers".

Jiminy christmas that movie was fucking awesome. The actor that played Sam I didn't hate as much as I thought I would. He could deliver his jokes and they didn't really sound corny. The visuals were amazing of course, and the actual transformations were awesome. There were only two things that I didn't like: the scene in the middle where they were looking for the glasses wasentirely too long and corny, and the fact that Michael Bay directed it. He tends to use a lot of fast cuts and shaky cams that just make it confusing for me visually - the screen shakes so much during the action scenes that it's hard to keep track of what's going on, who's fighting who, etc. Especially since all of thetransformers that weren't main characters were all frigging silver. Did Starscream die? I couldn't tell.

However much GM paid to have all the autobots be GM cars, it's a bargain at twice the price. They got so much screen time, I feel like buying a new car in the hopes that it will transform.

Now I can't wait to get out of Shitsinnati and back home so I can watch the old movie. Man, that was a good movie. Anything that can make Bumblebee look good is going to rock. That's like making a movie out of our lives, and I'm Keith Richards. If the worst you've got is Keith Richards, everyone else is going to ROCK ASS.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon Hawk said...

The movie was definatly bad-ass, and the transformers themselves were cool as hell.

I agree that the shaking camera during action scenes was confusing as hell, I went to see the movie a second time just so I could catch more of what the hell was going on.

It was worth it to see the movie again, but I found myself hating the human characters more, especially the dumb chick whatever her name was, she was so annoying and a terrible actress. Here are two of her many lines that annoyed the piss out of me,

"That's for threatening my dad"

"Let me get Bumblebee out of here first, okay."

And lets not forget the shitty scene in the SUV with the Sector7 asshole, how crappy was that? I really hope she's not in the sequel.

The way the movie ended could lead into a great sequel with like NO human characters.

All in all I liked the movie, especially the robots, I didn't feel that Bay and Speilburg ruined Transformers at all. I can't wait for more.

20/7/07 05:22  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

I saw it three times and haven't pissed myself yet. We'll see what happens when I see it the fourth time this weekend

20/7/07 07:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home