Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm moving back

It’s official. I’ve got a new Job back in Detroit. I’m staying with GM but I’ll have a new position and new management. This is cool, it’s a great job with a lot more responsibility and exposure. (not more money but can’t have everything.) We’re going to bust ass to get the house ready to sell fast but the market’s pretty slow right now. Fortunately I think the Detroit market is going to get even worse so we can afford to wait. Plus a lot of apartments are offering short term leases so that should give us plenty of time to find a house and fix it up after baby 2 is born. They also have furnished apartments and allow pets. We’ll keep looking but I like the idea that the family can come with me right away.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger NDammitt said...

I'm sure that everyone will be glad to have you back in Michigan, except for Lunchbox and Jim, who probably don't much care either way.

27/1/07 05:39  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

Neither do the michigan people. Oh wait, just kidding, glad to hear you're moving back.

"Garble, single handedly saving michigans economy."

28/1/07 15:02  
Blogger Jim Brannick said...

I can just see it now...

Detroit Free Press- September 24th, 2007
Michigan's Economy Experiences Record Growth In Certain Sectors
Michigan's economy has experienced record growth during the second quarter of 2007. Goods and services most affected by the economic boom include diapers, Knob Creek whiskey, replica bastard swords, and authentic Scottish kilts.

29/1/07 06:40  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

On a side note, GM experiences worst quarter yet, quality down, warranty expenses at an all time high.

Just kidding, I really like muh new GMC truck. Im getting a bumper stick made that reads "this vehicle runs on terrorist free E85"
I bought some E85 the other day at 1.87 a gallon because gasoline was 2.09. The E85 seems to work just fine.

Grable, what month do you think you'll be back? I need to make sure my booze supply is stocked up.

29/1/07 07:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home