Monday, January 29, 2007

Hell in the Cell

Saturday night Katie and I bought tickets to a mixed martial-arts cage fight at Perani Arena. If you ever see an event like this advertised I would highly recommend attending. I have never seen so many alpha male douche-bags in one place in my life. The crowd was buzzcuts and cut-off T-shirts as far as the eye could see. We had a great time none the less.
It was so crowded they ran out of beer before the first fight even started. (I spent 45 minutes in line and purchased 12 beers because I knew it would happen.) Five of the fifteen fights went all three rounds and had to be called on decsion. And there was three separate fights in the crowd. These guys were all local amature martial-artists, so a few of the fights were pretty lame. But the matches that went all three rounds more than made up for it.
Next time Perani advertises something like this I will let you guys know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon Hawk said...

I think you were more interested in the blonde "plumper" in front of you.

29/1/07 08:18  
Blogger Garble said...

Yell yeah. I love watching that on TV. It's got everything I look for in a show, drama, comedy and two assholes slapping the shit out of eachother.

29/1/07 10:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home