Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Why patience is a virtue...


Snipers are trained to be vigilant. They will seek out a vantage point, dig in, and wait. Patiently. Silently. Oftentimes for days on end without moving so much as an inch. When they need to piss they let it run down their leg. When they need to shit... well, you get the picture. They are patience personified.
Every once in a while, we civilians have the patience to follow thru on a well laid plan. So here's the set-up:
People are following you around the blogosphere attempting to thwart you attempts at collegial humor. So, you create a "secret" blog with the hopes that it will be discovered. You lace the blog with a couple rips, in both written and sound byte form. Then you wait for your hapless victim to do a blogger search that will inevitably lead them to your booby trap. Sure enough, just like the Rebel fleet at the Battle of Endor, your prey blunders into your nefarious machination.
Unfortunately, many months have passed since this would've been REALLY funny. Which simply proves that although patience may be a virtue, humor requires careful timing.

14 Comments:

Blogger Simon Hawk said...

"Well, it took a long, long time, but somebody finally stalked me down to this blog."

The problem with that statement is that I wasn't searching for you or anything related to you, I searched my own blogger name and saw "Jim's Super Secret Blog". Of course I was going to check it out, who wouldn't. I guess I don't see the hilarity, unless of coarse it was back in the old spoonhouse days. Then *this* whole thing would be jokes on me. But its kinda like DERRRRRRRRR!!! Now.

P.S. Why don't you remove a few ribs, it might make it easier for you to blow yourself, sheesh!

16/8/06 13:10  
Blogger Jim Brannick said...

Looks like you missed the point Si. My last statement points out how ridiculous this whole thing is. Your comment supports what I said.

P.S. rib removal is scheduled for next Tuesday

16/8/06 13:13  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

Oh I get it now DUH! haha good luck on your surgery.

16/8/06 13:14  
Blogger Jim Brannick said...

And you missed the part about the Rebel fleet--- even though they sprung the trap, they had the last laugh.

16/8/06 13:15  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

My train of thought is still boarding at the station man. You know I'm Sllloooowww.....I read this shit to quickly and miss like 19 thousand point in every post.

16/8/06 13:17  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

All aboard for dumbassville. Conductor? Simon.

16/8/06 13:19  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

What was the "soundbyte"? I don't have speakers here at work

16/8/06 13:19  
Blogger Jim Brannick said...

Sorry, that's sort of my fault. I exceeded the 11 word maximum post that any given Hollyite will read!

I'll work on my succinctness- don't want to get like Garb's now, do I?

16/8/06 13:21  
Blogger Jim Brannick said...

just a good Stifler drop from American Pie 2

16/8/06 13:21  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

I love when something in real life can be related to Star Wars.

16/8/06 13:32  
Blogger Jim Brannick said...

I've always wanted to try to go one night only using Star Wars and Ghostbuster's quotes to communicate.

I bet it could be done. It would just require lots of beer.

16/8/06 13:35  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

Star Wars isn't real....!?

16/8/06 13:36  
Blogger Jim Brannick said...

"... Warp Zone???"

16/8/06 13:38  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

That's definitely something we have to try someday...over a keg of Guiness!

17/8/06 04:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home