Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It was a good weekend. The season of the open house is upon us and for those with friends who's siblings are still of age, the price of a card plus 25 bucks is a small price to pay for all the food, beer and newly graduated high school girls that one can look at.
Then Monday happened.
First I wake up with my left eye gooped shut, lucky me, I have pinkeye, or more appropriately named viral conjunctivitis. No big deal for most people, a little incontinent at the worst. For me it really sucks, I fix microscopes, and when I have a highly contagious eye born illness, it puts me out of work until it's cleared up. So, I go to the doctor and get the drops. Two days I should be better. Than, after I'm home from work while making a cucumber salad, using one of these to slice the cucumbers, I cut myself and have to go to the emergency room. On the up side they did prescribe me Darvocet, so I’ve been stoned on narcotics since then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Brannick said...

that's gruesome.

I wonder what the cucumber looks like.

7/6/06 05:53  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

You would.

(nice avatar, I just watched that movie the other night, that dart scene is HILARIOUS!)

7/6/06 05:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home