Friday, August 10, 2007

More bedroom dren stuff.

Lately I've been tired of gayming on my rotten 16" monitor for my computer. Even though it's a Mitsubishi, I'm getting tired of its smallness. So instead of wasting upwards of $250 on a LCD monitor, I bought an S-video cable instead and hooked my computer to my tv. It's 27" (just like...) and so far it's been great. The display resolution for my comp had to be taken down to 800x600 to make viewing possible on the tv. Any higher than that and the text for icons, Word, etc. becomes to fuzzy and illegible to read. But I decided that I'm not using my computer for reading, I'm using it for gayming. So a wise $40 purchase landed me a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, and came with a set of bonus speakers. And let me say, gayming on my bed with a 27" tv kicks so much ass. I figured there would be some issues with tv refresh rate vs. computer monitor, but everything has been kosher so far. My tv is now the central hub for entertainment in my room. I have my computer hooked to it with internet access, the Wii with internet access, Nintendo 64, Super NES, NES, and a DVD player. I now really have no reason to leave my room. If I could only get a trough that connects to my ceiling from the kitchen, then I could just have food dropped into my mouth whenever I wanted.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Brannick said...

I can just see the headline now:

"1,000 pound Holly gaymer trapped in bedroom"
"Emergency medical personnel needed to remove a wall to extract a man weighing over 1,000 pounds from his bedroom."

Cohort, your bedroom probably smells like feet and feces. You might want to invest in some Febreeze or Oust.

10/8/07 06:58  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

No it's good. It airs out while I'm at work.

10/8/07 07:04  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

lol! "feet & feces"

10/8/07 07:04  
Blogger Garble said...

cohort, you're the coolest nerd in high school.

11/8/07 03:49  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

Actually I was. I almost got expelled for being too nerdy and doing bad things to the highschool server. Oops.

13/8/07 06:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home