Wednesday, August 08, 2007

1993 Chevy Pickup

I meant to post this about 12 months ago. Better late than never.
Here's my "Grandpa truck". The truck was born in Michigan back when we were all still jerking off to Kathy Ireland. My best guess is that the truck is 15 years old. It has 55,000 miles (12,000 of which I've put on in the last 12 months), and everything is original aside from the regularly scheduled stuff. I serviced the transmission recently and everything looked great. Aside from a little rust on the undercarriage (can you say Michigan roads in winter?) it's in pristine condition. The only thing I'll have to worry about down here is oxidation due to sun exposure.

Below is a look under the hood. Man, GM used to build a good quality vehicle. I only have two complaints with it: 1) the rear main seal leaks a tiny bit, which is more of a design flaw (thanks Garbs!) than any sort of a maintenance issue; and 2) the oil filter on a small block like this one is a pain in the ass to get to. The upside is that the oil that spills out when you remove the filter pours down onto the drive shaft, thus adding lubrication. I don't think GM intended for that to happen though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Simon Hawk said...

Nice truck!

Any design flaw is done on purpose, and anything good was purely on accident, thats what I've learned from owning GM products. hahaha

9/8/07 05:06  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9/8/07 05:19  
Blogger Cohort Mandibles said...

"Man, GM used to build a good quality vehicle." Haha. Too bad it's not still the early 90s.

9/8/07 05:21  
Blogger Garble said...

Nice truck. Sorry about the seal leak.

9/8/07 07:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home