Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Heroes #2

For those of you who live under a mushroom, Heroes is a new show on NBC attempting to cash in on the new "shows and movies about comics are cool" trend. I'm sure I don't have to tell the Spoonohouse readers this. Being uberdorks ourselves, we've all been aware of this for years. Hollywood is just now realizing that they've got a gold mine on their hands. That being said, I was a little skeptical about this show. But it turns out NBC has pulled it off rather well. I recommend that if you haven't seen it yet, put some time aside on Monday nights and check it out. It reminds me of the old days of "Superheroes." I was going to post a link to the offical site, but it promtly crashed this morning. I'm assuming due to traffic.

Si, did you notice that last night was the second time the Indian guy walked into a room and the person who broke into it was totally unaware he was there? It may be nothing, but I thought about it after last nights episode. And have you figured out what Ali Landry's power is yet? The only thing I can figure is that she has an alter ego, and it's bad as hell. I'm assuming it only comes out under times of stress. Hopefully over the course of the show she'll learn to control it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Matt McMinn said...

Isn't Ali Landry's power the ability to catch doritos in her mouth?

BTW, I haven't watched it yet, but I have the first two episodes on TiVo from last night,so I will watch it this week. I hadn't heard about it until you guys talked about it last week.

3/10/06 06:29  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

I like the show so far, I hope they don't mess it up.

The 4 hour time loss would explain Ali's power being something like an alter ego. Do you think she's buried people at that spot before and just doesn't know it? Why else would there be a body there already.

They also introduced a mind reading cop and some crazy fucker that eats peoples brains!

I'm not sure if the Indian guy has any abilities, we'll just have to wait and see.

3/10/06 06:32  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

Ali Larter...my bad!!

3/10/06 06:33  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

Haha yeah it it McMinn! The Heroes chick is Ali Larter playing Niki Sanders.

You're starting to sound like Garble Jack. :-)

3/10/06 06:37  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

Nooo!!!! Shoot me now! lol I'll be more careful next time.

3/10/06 06:40  
Blogger Garble said...

Good thing we know what the trees are called. Now back to the forest.

I'm really starting to like this show. The Japanese geek was a lot cooler this week. He really comes across as someone that regularly interprets his world through the lens to popular fiction.

I also like the pace that they're advancing the story.

If they’re worried about physics and the big bad is a nuke then the geek is already dead. By the time you see the shock wave coming at you the radiation will have already hit.

3/10/06 10:51  
Blogger Simon Hawk said...

Maybe radiation doesn't effect Hiro because of his ability to bend time-space? You think if you were able to do something like that radiation wouldn't mess you up.

3/10/06 11:02  
Blogger Jack T Briggs said...

I think Hiro is my favorite character so far. Seems like the other ones are trying to subdue their powers while he is embracing them. (Except the flying nurse, but he is a wuss.)

Nice referral to the LOTR post, Garb. LOL!

3/10/06 11:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home